Shotgun is a global event marketplace that enables live event organizers to create amazing events and distribute tickets to evolving communities of users in France, the USA, Brazil, or Portugal.
We've built an intuitive software to help organizers build and grow their community and make the right decisions all throughout their journey. Shotgun allows them to refocus on what really matters to them: artistic direction and event production.
In a world where going out has become a way of life, the Shotgun app is the go-to destination for young people to discover events, buy and resell tickets.
We're building the platform that connects millions of fans with event producers and artists. Our mission is to help people live amazing experiences in the real world.
📲 Shotgun is the platform for people who live outside: we are the marketplace where social lives are organized
🌎 Don't forget to follow us on Instagram
Shotgun is scaling - fast. We are expanding in new geographies, launching new businesses, and creating new teams from scratch. To be successful, we will need to make sure that we stay on top of the new tax & compliance issues that arise as we grow.
As International Tax & Compliance Manager reporting to our COO, you will contribute to the success of the company by helping structure the tax & legal aspects of our business in a scalable way, and by acting as a key stakeholder for the business and product teams.
🔨What you will do
- You will be responsible for making sure that we respect our tax & legal obligations in all of the countries in which we operate
- You will coordinate with our accountants and advisors to ensure that our taxes are filed accurately and on time, and to optimize our overall tax exposure
- You will ensure that our terms of service, data privacy policies, and specific contracts are ironclad, adapted to each country in which we operate, and kept up to date as the regulatory environment changes and as we launch new features and businesses
- You will enable product development and international expansion by identifying tax & compliance blockers, and execute dedicated roadmaps to lift them
- You will organize financial flows between the legal entities of the group in order to ensure tax compliance while avoiding double taxation and optimizing our overall tax bill
- You will manage disputes with third parties in collaboration with our local leadership and external advisors, and supervise the response to inquiries or controls from local authorities
💡 The job is made for you if...
- 👩🏾🎓 You have a strong business sense and a solid academic background
- 🕐 You have 3 to 5 years of experience in tax advisory, legal services, finance, or any other relevant field of expertise, in an international, cross-border environment - experience with marketplace business models is a plus
- 👀 You are curious, open-minded, willing to learn about a wide variety of topics, and you generally find the right balance between meticulousness and efficiency
- 🤹♀️ You are good at prioritizing & multitasking, and communicating with non-experts
- 🌐 You are fluent in English and French, and are able to communicate with colleagues across multiple offices - Portuguese or Spanish is a plus
- 💃 You are passionate about entertainment: entertaining people makes you happy, whether it's music, gaming, events, or any other industry
- 🌎 Hybrid Remote: we are flexible and remote work will be possible, however you will be expected to spend most of your time at one of our offices
- ✈️ Team Off-sites that you won't see elsewhere
- 🕺 Shotgun vouchers: get Shotgun credits to attend your favorite events!
- 💊 Health insurance & and other perks depending on your country of employment
🔃 Hiring Process
We like to move fast but want to give you a chance to meet as much team members as possible:
- Introductory meeting with our COO (1 hour)
- Take-home case study, followed by a short debrief with our COO (30 minutes)
- Interview with our Brazil Country Manager (1 hour)
- Interview with our CTO and 1 Product Manager (1 hour)