Shotgun is a worldwide event marketplace that enables live event organizers to create amazing events and distribute tickets to evolving communities of users, in France, Brazil, Spain, USA or Mexico.
We've built an intuitive software to help organizers build and grow their community and make the right decisions all throughout their journey. Shotgun allows them to refocus on what really matters to them: artistic direction and event production.
In a world where going out has become a way of life, the mobile application Shotgun is the go-to destination for young people to discover events, buy and resell tickets.
We're building the platform that connects millions of fans to event producers and artists. Our mission is to make people live amazing experiences in the real world.
📲 Shotgun is the platform for people who live outside: we are the marketplace where social lives are organized
🌎 Don't forget to follow us on Instagram
👀 What we're looking for
We're looking for individuals who want more than just a job. People willing to get out of their comfort zone to reach outstanding goals. Doers who never stop learning. We want people who are talented, optimistic and fun: who set the bar high but don't take themselves too seriously.
Shotgun historically has been growing as an electronic music live event platform. It has been growing that way organically from word of mouth and sales effort. As we are expanding in new geographies and new music verticals, our objective is to refine how events and users are matched to enhance relevance and the user experience. This encompasses not only user preferences but also equipping organizers with insights to book artists aligned with audience tastes and explore deeper into their preferences.
To achieve this, we're looking for a dynamic individual to join our team and establish a machine learning-based content management system's foundation.
🔨What you will do
- Collaborate closely with the Strategy and Product teams to proactively shape and define the evolution of our content management capabilities.
- You will capitalize on our massive data collection and external data to experiment and develop relevant machine learning models to represent both events, artists and users in the same space.
- You will battle test your models by running extensive data analysis, turning complex models into easy to grasp visual representations of how events, artists and users relates to each other.
- Partner with Product teams to translate research into production-ready features, making informed simplifications as needed.
💡 The job is made for you if you are...
- 👩🏾🎓 You have a sharp analytical mindset and a solid academic background preferably a PHD in Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 🧠 You have a gift for abstraction and identifying of complex mathematical concepts can be tweaked to solve real world problems.
- 🕐 You have at least 3 years of hands-on experience in machine learning related roles, with a previous experience with recommandation systems and non-textual data embeddings.
- 👀 You prioritize user-centric, practical solutions over costlier cutting-edge alternatives
- 🪄 You have solid SQL and Python for Machine Learning skills - Experience developing with machine learning framework in production is a required.
- ⚙️ You having an advanced understanding of Software Engineering and are good at transitioning Machine Learning concepts into robust systems within our production environment.
- 🖇️ You are actively seeking feedback and input from teammates to uncover opportunities, define project scopes, and address challenges.
- 🌐 You are fluent in English and French, and are able to communicate with the team across multiple offices - Portuguese a plus.
- 💃 You are passionate about entertainment: it doesn't matter which industry, but entertaining people makes you happy: music, gaming, events,...
- 👪 Note to women : Shotgun as a company value gender and origin diversity not because it sells to applicants but most importantly because it is necessary to scale in a healthy manner and boost creativity. Problem is women tend to apply less often when they think they don’t match all job requirements. So if you think you’re not matching 100% of the requirements, no matter your gender, please apply 🙏
- 💰 Competitive compensation: 65.000 €
- 🌎 Work Remotely: Though Paris is home base, our permanent addresses extend to Marseille. Work flexibly from either location, enjoy the liberty of working from home up to three days weekly, or even embrace a two-week remote work per quarter.
- 🕺 Event Voucher: Relish live experiences with a quarterly €150 voucher to attend events listed on Shotgun.
- ✈️ Team Off-sites you won't see elsewhere: We organise every quarter an off-site to gather all team members: 2 to 3 days to mix workshops, master presentations, good food and obviously some nights out.
- 🏋️♀️ Gymlib: Shotgun promotes sport activity; you will get preferential rates for various sports halls
- 🌱 Sustainability mobility bonus: in order to encourage the use of sustainable transportation means, you will be granted a contribution if you are using a bike for example to get to work.
- 🍔 Swile Lunch Card: Lunch card and much more: **https://www.swile.co/**
- 💊 Alan Health Insurance: We got you covered with Alan
- 👶 Childcare
We like to move fast but want to give you a chance to meet as much team members as possible:
- Introductory meeting with our Head of data (1 hour)
- Live Technical Test (1 hour)
- Interview with our CFO and CPO (1 hour)
- Interview with a Product Manager (45 min)