Shotgun is a worldwide event marketplace that enables live event organizers (promotors, venues & festivals) to create amazing events and sell tickets to ever transforming communities, in France, USA, Brazil, Portugal, Spain or Mexico.
We've built an intuitive software to help organizers build their community, grow their audience and make the most accurate decisions at all time, from production to operations through distribution. Shotgun allows them to refocus on their core activity: creating unique live experiences.
In a world where going out has become a way of life, the mobile application Shotgun is the go-to destination for young people to discover events, buy and resell tickets.
We're building the platform that connects millions of music aficionados & live junkies to event producers & artists. Our mission is to make people live amazing experiences in the real world.
Shotgun is the platform for people who live outside: we are the marketplace where social lives are organized.
Why this role?
- Build the future of live events
- Grow a product that is already being used by more 2M people and thousands of organizers across the globe
- Join us at one of the most exciting moment of our history: we're currently expanding Shotgun in new areas (US, Brazil,...) & music genres 🎸
Being an engineer at Shotgun
At Shotgun, engineers have a lot of ownership, as they both build features and make crucial product decisions.
We move and ship fast, by maintaining a constant balance between quality and efficiency. We also regularly take time to work on long-term challenges, even if it implies to rebuild a product from scratch.
Since the features we ship are used in real time on the field, we make sure stuff we ship works.
The mobile application is only the tip of the iceberg: at Shotgun, we have the ambition to address the needs of event producers and party-lovers, at every moment of their journey. This means a large variety of products and tech challenges:
🎤 Event producers (B2B)
🕺 Consumers (B2C)
We like to try new things out but most of our stack is built around Typescript back and front, as it increased our productivity individually and as a team. Here are the things we use - and love:
- React / Next.JS / React Native / Apollo
- Node.js / GraphQL
- Github Actions / Cypress / Detox
- Vercel (serverless) / Heroku
What you will do
- You will build new tools to enable Organizers to grow their community
- You will conduct experimentations to impact Shotgun growth
- You will always try to figure out how to make Users happier and Organizers more successful
- And some other ideas we'd like to experiment sooner or later:
- Sales predictions
- Cashless payment during the events (+ hardware?)
- CMS features to let Organizers express their personality
The job is made for you if...
- 🤖 You love building products
- 💃 You are passionate about entertainment: it doesn't matter which industry, but entertaining people makes you happy: music, gaming, events...
- 📈 You have already built products that have reached a large audience
- 🕐 You have spent a meaningful time (5+ years) as a hands-on engineer
- 🦾 You are fluent with our stack (React / React Native, Node.js, GraphQL)
- 👀 You are curious, with an active technological watch
- 🎖 You have a sense of ownership and responsibility