Shotgun is a worldwide event marketplace that enables live event organizers to create amazing events and distribute tickets to evolving communities of users in France, the USA, Brazil or Portugal.
We've built an intuitive software to help organizers build and grow their community and make the right decisions all throughout their journey. Shotgun allows them to refocus on what really matters to them: artistic direction and event production.
In a world where going out has become a way of life, the Shotgun app is the go-to destination for young people to discover events, buy and resell tickets.
We're building the platform that connects millions of fans to event producers and artists. Our mission is to make people live amazing experiences in the real world.
📲 Shotgun is the platform for people who live outside: we are the marketplace where social lives are organized
🌎 Don't forget to follow us on Instagram
Shotgun is scaling in the US - fast. We are expanding in new geographies, launching new businesses, and creating new teams from scratch. To be successful, we will need to cut through the noise and look at everything we do with an analytical mindset, leaving no stone unturned.
As Financial Controller, you will help our operating teams focus on growth, fight relentlessly against wasted spending, and help teams across the organization better understand how their efforts contribute to the success of the company.
Please note that this position is offered under the French "VIE" program for a period of 12 months (with a possibility to extend for a further period of 6 months). It is opened to EU/EEA nationals aged up to 28. You can find out more about eligibility and conditions by visiting Business France dedicated website.
🔨What you will do
- You will act as the key finance, HR, legal & administrative partner for our team in the US
- You will help teams accross the entire organization budget and monitor their expenditures with a ROI perspective
- You will improve the quality of our financial data at Group level and streamline the preparation of our reporting packs and Board materials
- You will support our accountants and auditors for end-of-period accounting procedures, including the preparation of our annual financial statements
- You will support the fundraising efforts led by the leadership of the company
💡 The job is made for you if...
- 👩🏾🎓 You have a strong business sense and a solid academic background
- 🕐 You have 1 to 3 years of experience in consulting, investment banking or controlling
- 👀 You are curious, open-minded, and able to think outside the box to get things done quickly and efficiently
- 🤹♀️ You are good at prioritizing and multitasking
- 🧮You are a master of Excel and Powerpoint - experience with data analytics a plus
- 🌐 You are fluent in English and French, and are able to communicate with the team across multiple offices - Portuguese a plus
- 💃 You are passionate about entertainment: it doesn't matter which industry, but entertaining people makes you happy: music, gaming, events,...
🌎 Hybrid Remote: we are flexible and remote work will be possible, however you will be expected to spend most of your time at the office.
✈️ Team Off-sites you won't see elsewhere: We organise every few months an off-site to gather all team members: 2 to 3 days to mix workshops, master presentations, good food and obviously some nights out.
🕺 Shotgun events vouchers : get Shotgun credits to attend your favorite events!
🔃 Hiring Process
We like to move fast but want to give you a chance to meet as much team members as possible:
- Introductory meeting with our CFO (45 minutes)
- Live case study (1 hour)
- Culture fit interview with 1 team member (1h)
- Final interview with US Country manager (1h)